Title: Human Resources Manager
Company: West Loop Veterinary Care is an organized, state of the art, American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited and Cat Friendly Certified practice conveniently located near public transportation in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our positive environment is made up of a compassionate and enthusiastic team consisting of 9 doctors and 30+ support staff including Hospital Attendants, Assistants, and Technicians. Our seasoned veterinary team works together to be the solution for our clients and each other. Our exam room assistants are relied upon by our team for their skill set. We are committed to building strong relationships for life with our neighbors and know that we are stronger when we work together towards our values and mission.
Description: West Loop Veterinary Care is offering a full-time Human Resources Manager position. We are looking for an individual who will drive HR forward and exhibit passion for our mission of providing exceptional medical care to our patients and excellent service to our clients. As the Human Resources Manager, you will be an integral member of the senior management team providing a strategic HR business partnership through a deep understanding of business priorities and proactive collaboration with business leaders to continuously identify, develop, and implement talent strategies. The position will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of HR and driving HR administrative and engagement initiatives. This position will be responsible for a wide range of duties including talent acquisition, engagement, employee relations, performance management, retention, compensation, benefits, compliance and safety. If you are looking to utilize your skills to provide a proactive HR approach in a growing and evolving business, keep on reading…
- Establish and build relationships with the senior management team to create a business partnership and provide strategic plans on company benefits, payroll, compensation, engagement, learning and development, and other HR related areas.
- Collaborate with the current Training Manager on training plans and increase use of automated training.
- Full-cycle recruitment including creating, managing, and remaining accountable to strategic annual human resource plans presented to and approved in collaboration with senior management; onboarding and ongoing learning and development
- Provide and execute strategic employee retention plan to assist in full-cycle recruitment plans.
- Provide counseling and direction to both management and employees of the practice regarding employee relations issues and problem resolution in accordance with West Loop Veterinary Care policies, practices and procedures
- Benefits and compensation management including health insurance review, fair compensation analysis, and payroll processing
- Performance management to include conflict resolution; disciplinary action; team building and administration and review of annual job satisfaction surveys
- Maintain and recommend updates to the employee handbook
- Manage and ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws
- Drive engagement through study and implementation of engagement plan.
- College degree and 5 years progressive Human Resources generalist experience with a strong emphasis in full-cycle recruitment and employee relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Understanding of recruitment strategies
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employment policies and practices
- Persuasive and effective communicator, with the ability to relate to people across all levels and diverse backgrounds. Ability to handle interactions with discretion, tact and courtesy.
- Experience and interest in working successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and confident decision-maker
- Compassionate with a positive can-do attitude
- Computer savvy
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401K, PTO, transit benefits including dedicated parking lottery, pet care, and employee wellness programs
Employment Type: Full Time
Please complete your application at: https://westloopvet.com/apply/
**West Loop Veterinary Care is an equal opportunity employer and Drug-Free Workplace.**