The staff at West Loop are devoted to staying on top of the latest diagnostics and treatments to provide exceptional patient and client care. Listening to client demands and needs, we have employed technology to help us get your pets in front of our staff when you need us and without leaving your home.
Using Google Duo, Skype, or FaceTime our veterinarian will speak with you and assess your pet’s health in your home. We do want to share that it may be more difficult to make a diagnosis remotely (without a physical exam) but we will do our best within those limitations. Our Telemedicine offers an alternative for patient support from one of our team members and is a starting point for assessing non-urgent cases and determining if a clinic visit is needed. It is possible that during the telemedicine appointment our veterinarian will recommend that you schedule an in-clinic appointment. We will be happy to help schedule said appointment and will make sure your pre-paid virtual exam fee is counted towards the new exam fee.
Telemedicine is a Great Alternative to Visiting the Clinic When*:
- Itching- If your pet is experiencing itchy and irritated skin.
- Diarrhea – If your pet is experiencing loose, watery stools. If they are also experiencing vomiting, please make an in-clinic appointment.
Cough – If your adult pet is coughing with no other symptoms. If they are an infant or senior pet, or are coughing along with other symptoms, please make an in-clinic appointment.
Behavioral/Anxiety Issues – If your pet is experiencing any strong fear-based reactions or aggression.
Puppy Behavior – If you’re getting started with puppy training.
Excessive Urination – If your puppy is urinating more than 5 times a day.
Cat Defecation– If your cat is defecating (not urinating) outside of their litter box.
Overweight – If your pet is becoming overweight and you’d like to explore a diet plan.
Diet changes – If you’d like to explore changing your pet’s diet to accommodate a health concern.
*All of these conditions apply only if your pet has had a physical exam with us within the last year. Due to current Illinois Veterinary Board restrictions, telemedicine services are available only to current clients. This may change with new federal regulations in the future. If we determine we need to see your pet in person, you will not be charged again for an exam.
How to Request a Telemedicine Appointment
- Call or Request an Appointment online, we’ll determine if your pet’s condition is appropriate for Telemedicine.
- If making the appointment online, when the form asks for appointment type, select TELEMEDICINE.
- One of our Patient Care Coordinators will give you a call to book your appointment. Payment for the appointment will be due taken at this point.
- Upon receiving your payment, we will send you a confirmation email that includes a link to use for your appointment.
- Join the virtual call at the time of your Telemedicine Appointment with your phone, computer, or tablet using the provided link. Our Veterinarian will join you there.
It is possible that during the telemedicine appointment our veterinarian will recommend that you schedule an in-clinic appointment. We will be happy to help schedule said appointment and will make sure your pre-paid virtual exam fee is counted towards the new exam fee.
If you have questions or concerns, please give us a call at 312-421-2275 and we would be happy to work with you to explore this option.