Exam Room Assistant / Veterinary Assistant
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package including healthcare, 401K, PTO, transit benefit, pet care, and employee wellness and assistance programs.
Employment Type: Full-Time
West Loop Veterinary Care is offering a full-time exam room assistant position. We are looking for an individual who wants to work hand-in-hand with our doctors and exhibits a passion for our mission of providing exceptional medical care to our patients and excellent service to our clients. In this position, you will find a positive atmosphere, can communicate openly with coworkers and clients, and showcase your ability to go above and beyond for our families and their pets. Your daily responsibilities will include patient care review, patient handling and care, client communication and education, medication preparation, assistance with laboratory analysis, and exam room organization. We ensure each member of our support team is equipped with the tools and training they need to operate effectively in every area of the hospital.
West Loop Veterinary Care is an organized, state of the art, American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited and Cat Friendly Certified practice conveniently located near public transportation in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our positive environment is made up of a compassionate and enthusiastic team consisting of a 1:5 veterinarian to support staff ratio including Hospital Attendants, Assistants, and Technicians. Our seasoned veterinary team works together to be the solution for our clients and each other. Our exam room assistants are relied upon by our team for their skill set. We are committed to building strong relationships for life with our neighbors and know we are stronger when we work together towards our values and mission.
You will enjoy your working environment while we provide you with the resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
- Experience working as a veterinary or human exam room assistant
- Accomplished communicator with superior interpersonal and client-service skills
- General knowledge of hospital organization and interest in client service and pet care
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fluctuating environment and coordinate between multiple departments
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends based upon our clients’ needs
- Compassion and positive can-do attitude
- 2+ Years of Experience working as an assistant in a small-animal veterinary hospital or clinic
Please complete our online application form to apply today!
**West Loop Veterinary Care is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.**