Setting the Standard:
Dog and Cat Surgery in Chicago
As a pet owner, you can expect that your pet may need to undergo surgery at some point in their life. At West Loop Veterinary Care, we know how difficult it can be to put your loved one through a surgical procedure. Whether it’s a spay or neuter or something more complex and urgent, we will explain every step with you and address your concerns to put your mind at ease. Our exceptional veterinary team and state-of-the-art facility are equipped to provide a variety of dog and cat surgeries using the safest and most up-to-date techniques.
Your pet will always be cared for as if they were one of our own. From pre-surgical exam to recovery, your pet will be closely monitored and kept as comfortable as possible. We’ll keep you updated on your pet’s progress while they’re recuperating in our recovery ward.
Our Dog and Cat Surgery Services
West Loop Veterinary Care offers many surgery services for Chicago pets, including:
- Spay & neuter
- Oral surgery
- Tumor removal
- Foreign body removal
- Other general soft-tissue surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgery
What to Expect
Your pet’s health and safety are always our foremost concern, but especially when it comes to surgery. Our surgical suite meets all the patient care standards set forth by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
During the presurgical examination, our team will answer any questions you have, address your concerns, and explain every step of the process so you’ll know what to expect on the day of surgery. Our experienced veterinarians and support staff will always provide your pet with high-quality care by taking the following measures to ensure their safety and comfort throughout their surgery:
- Your pet will receive a preliminary examination before being prepped for the procedure.
- During surgery, we carefully follow all AAHA standards for sterility and monitoring to minimize health risks.
- Our surgery table is heated to keep your pet warm and comfortable throughout.
- Our team uses a breathing ventilator to help ensure your pet’s health and safety while under anesthesia.
- One of our experienced veterinary technicians will administer IV fluids and monitor vitals throughout the procedure.
- Toward the end of your pet’s surgery, they will receive an anti-inflammatory injection and therapeutic laser treatment to speed up healing.
- Our team members will check in on your pet throughout the day to monitor their recovery.