Laparoscopy in Chicago
Our goal is to provide the finest veterinary care by combining the latest technology with an extraordinary level of compassion. As your trusted veterinary partner, we constantly strive to improve the treatment of our patients through ongoing training and investment in modern medical technology. This includes pet laparoscopy!
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique for performing medical procedures through one or two tiny incisions. An instrument with a camera attachment (the laparoscope) is inserted into the body and magnifies internal structures onto a computer screen for a thorough examination. Highly specialized surgical instruments may then be used through the same (or separate) incision to complete otherwise more complicated and invasive surgical procedures.
To schedule a laparoscopic procedure, please email our Surgical Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment online.
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedures
Laparoscopy gives us the ability to perform the following surgeries in a less invasive way for dogs 25lbs and over:
Advantages of Laparoscopic Ovariectomy or "Spay"
- Laparoscopic spay is less painful for your pet since the incisions are very small (by three or more times).
- The small incision size in laparoscopic spaying leads to faster recovery and quicker return to normal.
- By removing only the ovaries, hormonal influences are eliminated, while leaving the uterus and normal anatomy intact.
- Wound healing is faster, and infections are minimized.
- Because the procedure is generally less invasive, we may be able to send your pet home without a protective cone while healing!