(Certified or Non-Certified)
Compensation: Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package featuring healthcare, 401K, PTO, transit benefits with dedicated parking lottery, pet care, and employee wellness and assistance programs.
Employment Type: Full Time
West Loop Veterinary Care is offering a full-time, certified or non-certified, technician position. We are looking for an individual who exhibits a passion for our mission of providing exceptional medical care to our patients and excellent service to our clients. In this position, you will find positive experiences, can communicate openly with coworkers and clients, and showcase your ability to go above and beyond for our families and their pets. Your daily responsibilities will include patient handling and care, client communication and service, surgery monitoring and procedures, laboratory procedures, and hospital cleanliness. We ensure each member of our support team is equipped with the tools and training they need to operate effectively in every area of the hospital.
West Loop Veterinary Care is an organized, state of the art, American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited and Cat Friendly Certified practice conveniently located near public transportation in Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood. Our positive environment includes a compassionate and enthusiastic team consisting of a 1:5 veterinarian to support staff ratio including Hospital Attendants, Assistants, and Technicians. Our seasoned veterinary team works together to be the solution for our clients and each other. Our technicians are relied upon by our team for their skill set. We are committed to building strong relationships for life with our neighbors and know that we are stronger when we work together towards our values and mission.
You will enjoy your working environment while we provide you with the resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
- Experience working as a technician in a veterinary setting (Certification preferred but not required; we have the resources to get you to the next level)
- Proficient in surgical preparation and monitoring utilizing SurgiVet monitors, IV catheter placement, blood draws, digital radiology, and emergency procedures
- Interest in dental and oral healthcare
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret laboratory results including urinalysis, blood smears, intestinal parasite screenings, and cytologies
- Accomplished communicator with interpersonal and client-service skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends based upon our clients’ needs
- Capability to work effectively and efficiently in a fluctuating environment
- Competent computer skills
- Compassion and positive can-do attitude
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician
- One or more years of experience working as a technician in a small-animal veterinary hospital or clinic
- Experience in dental and oral healthcare
Please complete our online application form to apply today!
**West Loop Veterinary Care is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.**