Information is valid as of 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 crisis, West Loop Veterinary Care remains committed to providing outstanding care for pets and exceptional service to the people who love them. As we deal with the ramifications of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we will keep in touch with you via our website, email newsletters and our Facebook page. These sources will provide information about our practice and tips for keeping pets safe. The best source for the most up-to-date information about the overall situation is the U. S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) at www.cdc.gov.
COVID-19 & Pets
There is no evidence to indicate that the COVID-19 virus is a danger to your pets. The CDC does recommend that people who have been sickened with COVID-19 avoid interactions with their pets. Learn more about COVID-19 and pets from Dr. Gonsky’s recent Blog on COVID-19 and, pets and from his recent News interviews.
COVID-19 & West Loop Veterinary Care
West Loop Veterinary Care is currently open and we are following our regular schedule. Our veterinarians and team members are providing the full-range of wellness services for pets and are able to see emergency patients during regular business hours.
We have changed some of our policies and procedures and are offering Curbside-No Contact service when possible.
To help minimize exposure for all, we have implemented the following:
- Our team will NOT shake hands with clients.
- If you are sick, please don’t come to our facility. Call us and we will try to accommodate your needs and provide care for your pet.
- We can provide curbside service for those wishing to order food or medicine in advance.
- We can provide curbside drop-off and pick up for day-stay appointments for pets.
- In certain situations, we may be able to offer a tele-medicine appointment.
As you know, West Loop Veterinary Care maintains exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and order at our facility. We will continue to do the following, and as appropriate, will increase the frequency with which these steps occur:
- Sanitize all door handles and doors
- Sanitize floors
- Sanitize all exam tables and equipment
- Sanitize treatment areas
- Sanitize equipment frequently touched by staff or clients including computers, keyboards, telephones and bank card terminals
Our schedule is designed to minimize wait times in our spacious reception area. You can also help minimize wait times by arriving on-time for your appointment.
We expect to maintain regular business hours and see and treat patients as usual. This includes wellness exams, dental care, surgery and emergency care.
You may find these websites helpful when looking for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 and pets.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): www.CDC.gov
- World Health Organization: (WHO): www.WHO.int
- World Organization for Animal Health: www.OIE.int
Our entire team at West Loop Veterinary Care understands that this is a stressful time for everyone. Please know that we remain committed to the good health of your pets and appreciate the opportunity to partner with you to keep them safe and healthy. We hope each of you stays safe and healthy during the coming weeks as well.